If you would like to bring something to offer when you visit the temple but don’t know what would be useful or appropriate, here are a few suggestions. Needless to say we’re grateful for whatever you can help us with.
We’d better mention that
Out of compassion and concern for the well-being of other creatures, we eat only vegetarian and avoid all meat and fish.
Everything here drains into a septic tank so we have to be careful to use only environmentally friendly cleaning products, such as the Bio-D and Ecozone ranges (you’ll also find many other ethical brands on that website). Ecover is also acceptable although it doesn’t rate as highly as the others on the ethical scale.
These are most needed products:
Toilet Cleaner, Limescale Remover, Washing up liquid, Bathroom Cleaner and Non-Bio Laundry Liquid
For the Cupboard
- Fresh vegetables (e.g. carrots, spinach, swede, cauliflower, etc.)
- Nuts – walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc. and seeds
- Quorn vegetarian sausages, burgers, hot dogs, mince or pieces. (We avoid all meat and fish and derived products
- Wholemeal Bread
- Salad items
- Peanut butter
- Vegetarian cheddar cheese
- Almond milk and hemp milk
Plants and Bulbs
And we’d better say
We have gallons of bottled water and actually our tap water is spring water, so please there’s no need to bring bottled water.
Protect the environment and don’t use water bottled in plastic bottles.